Top Five Gifts For A Chemotherapy Care Package
I founded Not Another Bunch Of Flowers in 2013, following my own diagnosis and treatment for breast cancer, when I became aware that nobody was selling suitable gifts for people going through treatment and, even more importantly, there was nowhere selling gifts that actually understood what poorly people really wanted or needed - gifts that were thoughtful, whilst safe and practical to use during surgery and treatment. People wanted to send something, but felt useless and didn't know what to send.
We offer a range of gifts for cancer patients including useful bits and bobs and pure treats. Please click here to view all of our items. We have gifts for men, women, teenagers and children.
So, what should you send to someone diagnosed with cancer?
- Pampering Gift Set - chemotherapy can be incredibly damaging to skin, lips and nails and it is important to look after your skin with natural and organic toiletries. All of the skin peeled off my hands and feet and I lost my toe nails. Luckily my fingernails were OK as I looked after them. Our gift sets include useful bits and bobs including pampering treats, sweets for nausea and soft cotton headwear. We offer a range of gifts for all budgets. Please click here to browse our suggestions. To view our range of skincare specifically formulated for people going through cancer treatment, please click here.
- Queasy Drops - I used these when I was having chemo. They really helped with the nausea and cut through the disgusting taste left in my mouth. I am pleased to say that we have had great feedback from customers who also found them a God send during their treatment. They were conceived and developed by health care professionals who are daily witnesses to how debilitating nausea can be. They came to realise that not every nausea remedy works for every person or situation, and that many people would prefer not to take a prescription if they can avoid it. They found that a lot of their patients wanted something “natural” and so came up with Queasy Drops! They come in a variety of flavours. Please click here to view the products.
- Bed Socks - chemo can cause your extremities to be cold. Plus it's nice to have a cosy, comfy pair of bed socks when you're snuggled up in bed or on the sofa. We have a lovely range that come beautifully boxed, including these mohair bed socks for men. To view our full range, including bed socks for women, please click here.
- Empathy Cards - we offer a BRILLIANT range of cards designed by cancer survivor Emily McDowell. She had cancer in her 20s and discovered that people just didn't know what to say, so she created a range of cards that help you find the words when you don't know what to say. And not a meanlingless cliche in sight! View all cards here.
- Bespoke Gift Subscription - our unique gift subscription service is ideal for those going through treatment or for those with long term illnesses to whom you would like to send little regular reminders of your well-wishes. Many people send tokens of their well-wishes when someone is first diagnosed with an illness. However, as treatment goes on and on and can get harder and harder, it is lovely to receive little treats to provide a little boost and act as a reminder that someone is thinking of you and is rooting for you. The service is completely flexible and is tailored to your budget and the requirements of the recipient. The gift box subscription was introduced to send a gift to coincide with every chemotherapy session (usually 6 gifts in total with one gift sent every 3 weeks). To learn more about our service please click here.
All gifts are packaged in a gift box or gift bag or can be lovingly wrapped and either sent to you to give in person, or directly to the gift recipient with a handwritten message of your choice.
Leave a comment